For the 5th time, UNICEPTA honours the best communicative performance of the past year with the Thought Leadership Award. This year's theme: "Climate Heroes: Best communication in the fight against the climate crisis".
The award is presented to the company that has made climate protection and sustainability a crucial part of their corporate strategy and communications, and have been the most successful in presenting themselves as pioneers in climate protection. For the first time, the award goes to two winners: Covestro AG and the KfW Group win the Thought Leadership Award 2020.
UNICEPTA analyzed the media positioning of the 250 German companies with the highest turnover. Covestro and KfW have both made an excellent job regarding last year’s most important topic – coming from different angles:
Covestro scores thanks to the fact that it has been able to integrate the topic of sustainability/climate protection into its corporate strategy the best. As a B-to-B company, Covestro has a comparatively low reach but the qualitative resonance is excellent.
Covestro successfully conveys the key topics: recycling management (CO2 as a raw material) and the avoidance of plastic waste.
On the B2B company's own channels, more than every third social media posting refers to sustainability topics.
With CEO Markus Steilemann as a strong ambassador, Covestro credibly underpins the sustainability focused communication.
KfW has the highest impact among all companies regarding the topic of sustainability/climate protection. Of course, lawmakers have “commissioned” the bank to promote sustainable projects – thus sustainability is part of its communications. But KfW has executed this task excellently.
- 19 percent of all external contributions to KfW are related to sustainability issues, which means 26,500 articles and postings during the period under review.
- 35 percent of all our own social media postings refer to our own initiatives and programs for climate protection.
- In addition, a strong network of highly relevant stakeholders is visible.
UNICEPTA analyzed the media positioning of the 250 German companies with the highest turnover on the topic "Climate Heroes: Best communication in the fight against the climate crisis". The analysts evaluated a total of 460,000 articles and postings with three million user reactions in the digital space:
- How is the climate-friendliness of the specific industries evaluated in the media?
- Which companies are particularly strong and predominantly positive with the attribution "climate-friendly" in the articles and postings?
- At which company is a strong communication success visible behind the successful positioning?
Please fill out the form to instantly see the download link. You'll also receive your free download by return email. Fields marked with an * are required.
UNICEPTA and the German Public Relations Society (DPRG) has been handing out the Thought Leadership Award annually, since 2016. The Award honors outstanding communication achievements on topics of particular social relevance on the basis of a multi-stage, cross-media analysis.
Previous winners of the Thought Leadership Award include:
- 2019: Infineon for the best communication on the future viability of German companies > press release
- 2018: Bosch for the best communication with the highest impact in the digital sphere > press release
- 2017: Deutsche Telekom for the best communication in the era of digitalisation > press release
- 2016: Kuka for the best communication of the mega-topic digitalisation > press release