In the debate on sustainability and climate protection, companies have a special responsibility. If they do not want to lose the acceptance of society, they must gear their business practices with sustainability goals and prove to various stakeholder groups that they are part of the solution and part not the problem. Communication is key in this regard.
Covestro shows how to successfully position and communicate sustainability and climate protection.
The Dax30 company has been able to integrate the topic of sustainability into its corporate strategy and communication — with outstanding success. In 2020, Covestro was awarded the Thought Leadership Award for this. For the award, UNICEPTA analyzed the media positioning of the 250 German companies with the highest turnover.
In our analysis of the media positioning of the 250 German companies with the highest turnover, Covestro scores thanks to the fact that it has been able to integrate the topic of sustainability/climate protection into its corporate strategy the best. More than one third of all posts on Covestro's own social media channels refer to sustainability issues.
Key topics are:
- Why is sustainability a business-relevant topic?
- What role does corporate communications play in the development of the corporate strategy?
- What is important for climate-friendly positioning to succeed?
- How to deal with stakeholder groups with a strong impact?
- What role does the CEO play as an ambassador?